Saturday, January 26, 2013

_(Ham) Bar








My girlfriend invited me for brunch today at Hambar, a cute restaurant inside the Saint-Paul hotel in Old Montreal.  Given the name of the place, I presume they would serve ham, among other things for brunch...good enough!

Well, they celebrate ham!  5kgs full leg of various ham were hung at the entrance and there's a cold cut section at the back, right next to the glass wine storage.  We were very tempted to order a platter of charcuterie (every other table ordered and it looked so good) but knew we would never finish it.

Instead, I opted for the smoked salmon on english muffin, avocado, poached egg and creamy goat cheese and my friend ordered “Pain perdu” with wild mushrooms, poached eggs and parmesan.  Ayden had french toast with pears and caramelized pecans.  Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of you and Ayden is too cute!

    ReplyDelete