Wednesday, October 10, 2012

BEAUTY FIX - Preventing Stretch Marks



Although pregnancy is one of the most wonderful experience in life, let's all be honest about all the sacrifices we, as women, have to put up with!  While our hormones are all over the places, not to mention the physical changes we need to endure, I would like to think that I've done a relatively good job in maintaining my vanity.

One of my fears while going through my first pregnancy almost 3 years ago was getting stretch marks thanks to one of my girlfriend who had serious stretch marks on her belly and breasts.  She was the first among our group to have kids so it was a real eye-opener for me!!!

Not so much a "fix" (since it's almost impossible to reverse stretch marks) but rather as preventative measures, I use both Elancyl Specific Vergetures and Bio-Oil on my belly, sides of my waist, hips, thighs and breasts from the first trimester onwards.

Elancyl is French and specially designed for pregnancy stretch mark prevention.  It's creamy and smooth in texture, which makes it very easy to apply.  As for Bio-Oil, it is an all-around excellent moisturizer and stretch mark/scar diminisher.  It needs to be applied at least 30 mins before going out to be fully absorbed.  I usually prefer to use it right after shower before blow drying my hair and putting my makeup on.

Now, for my second pregnancy, I plan to stick to this regime since it worked so well the first time around...no need to re-invent the wheel, right?

1 comment:

  1. i really like elancyl products.
    i've used a body cream once for cellulite and it was great!
    Join my CHANEL GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete